High-performance computing cluster "Blokhin"“Bloknin” is a 218-core computing cluster designed to solve time-consuming quantum chemical and physical problems demanding high computational performance of central processors and large amount of Random Access Memory. The use of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Cluster Edition for C++ and Fortran provides higher efficiency in comparison with alternative OpenSourse codes.
Number of nodes: 28
Number of cores: 218
RAM: 3.8 Tb
Peak performance > 9.5 TFlops
Node "main", “b1-b3” for RAM-consuming jobs:
- 2x 8-core Intel Xeon X8 E5-2667v2 processors
- CPU frequency - 3.3 GHz
- 384 Gb RAM
“b4” for RAM-consuming jobs:
- 2x 8-core Intel Xeon E5-2620 v4 processors
- CPU frequency - 2.1-3.0 GHz
- 768 Gb RAM
23x Core i7 Nodes
- High-End Intel Original Core i7 X6 5930K
- 6x 3.5 GHz cores per processor
- 64 Gb of high-speed DDR4 RAM.
The following program codes are installed:
VASP, ADF, WIEN2k, USPEX, ORCA, FDMNES, FEFF, MOLCAS.